With the cool Fall weather comes cravings for warm hearty comfort food, and this creamy luscious butter chicken does not disappoint. Serve this dish atop fluffy basmati rice, or use as a vessel to dip your pillowy naan, and eat curled up by the crackling fireplace for maximum indulgence.
As it is made completely in the slow cooker, this dish is easy to prepare and makes your house smell divine as the aroma infuses the air. I have made this dish for potlucks, dinner parties, or just an easy weeknight meal and it is always a hit. Enjoy and comment below how you liked it!
Easy Slow Cooker Butter Chicken /
Chicken Makhani Recipe
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1/2 cup plain yogurt (greek ok too but I prefer this one)
1 can coconut milk (I like this one)
2 tablespoon red curry paste (I like this one)
1/4 cup milk (lowfat ok too)
1 scant tablespoon garam masala
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (to taste)
2 tablespoon salted butter
1. Spray liner of slow cooker with cooking spray and add chopped onion
2. Chop chicken thighs into bite size pieces and put on top of chopped onion. Sprinkle with salt if desired.
3. Mix all the remaining sauce ingredients in separate bowl. Whisk together and pour over the chicken. Mix all together in slow cooker.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of cold butter on top. Cover and cook on high for 3.5 – 4 hours.
5. When done, mix together slowly with spoon. (It is ok if it looks a bit curdled, it will become thick and creamy). Add in chopped coriander and stir. Serve immediately.